- NFL.com put together best of videos for Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson that feature their top moments from 2011.
- The NFL said earlier this week that Nike isn't going to come in and dramatically change the look of logos and jerseys. Rather, any changes will be made with the approval of teams and the league. In all likelihood, the biggest changes will be with the equipment rather than the logos or colors or even the uniforms.
- We are going to get our first look at some Nike equipment at the Pro Bowl this week. They are apparently testing out some gloves and shoes, and Charles Tillman provided a look at his gloves, which form the Bears logo when he puts his hands together. They actually look pretty cool.
- The ratings were quite large for the NFC and AFC championship games.
- Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano was named the new head coach of the Indianapolis Colts earlier this week.
- The Oakland Raiders hired Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen earlier this week. Amazingly, he is the first defensive-minded head coach to be hired by the Raiders since John Madden.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers nearly hired Oregon head coach Chip Kelly for their head coaching job, but he decided to stay with the Ducks after reportedly initially accepting Tampa Bay's offer. With the job still open, the Bucs looked back at the college ranks and decided to hire Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano in what was really a puzzling move.