- The Lions' receivers seem to be having a good time in Hawaii, as evidenced by the photos Marcus Harris and Nate Burleson have been posting on Twitter.
- An ESPN piece named Ndamukong Suh as one of 20 current NFL players who have the "toughness to play in any era of NFL history."
- Players will be allowed to tweet from the sidelines of the Pro Bowl during the game (at a designated tweeting station).
- Gunther Cunningham spoke at length this week about the Lions' defensive issues in the last part of the season.
- Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford both made a list of the 100 most powerful athletes in sports.
- The USA Today All-Joe Team, which features the "unsung Joes of the NFL," includes Stafford and Dominic Raiola.
- A Lions fan from Iowa received free tickets to the Super Bowl as part of winning DIRECTV's displaced fan contest.
- Speaking of the Super Bowl, Indianapolis is going all out for the game. Need proof? Just take a look at the JW Marriott hotel in Indy, which features a giant Lombardi Trophy decal on the side of it. Pretty cool.
- The Bears have hired Phil Emery, who is a graduate of Wayne State, as their new general manager.
Lions Notes: In-Game Tweeting Comes To The Pro Bowl
By Sean Yuille