- An average of 12.5 million people watched the 2012 Pro Bowl. This is the second biggest audience for the Pro Bowl in the last 12 years (last year's game had 13.4 million viewers), and the game's ratings bested the ratings for last year's MLB All-Star Game. I guess it says a lot about the popularity of football when there are so many complaints about the game and yet tons of people still tuned in.
- During an interview, Michael Irvin characterized the season Calvin Johnson had as "ridiculous."
- The movie "Touchback," which was filmed on the west side of the state and features a cameo from Barry Sanders, will be in theaters in Grand Rapids in late April. Sanders said on Twitter yesterday that he would definitely have interest in other roles in the future.
- Now that he is retired, former Lions quarterback Jon Kitna is a teacher and a coach at the high school he attended in Washington.
- Beyond The Bets put together an in-depth analysis of how long Kelly Clarkson's Super Bowl national anthem will be. The over/under, by the way, is set at 1:34.