- Detroit Lions president Tom Lewand is hoping that safety Louis Delmas will return to action after the bye week. Delmas has been out since having knee surgery in August, and while it was a given that it would take time for him to recover, I don't think anybody anticipated that he would miss the first quarter of the season. Hopefully he will in fact return next week and the Lions will get a boost on the defensive side of the ball with Delmas back in the lineup.
- On Monday, Lions center Dominic Raiola was seen limping with a bandage wrapped on his right foot and ankle, according to Jennifer Hammond. Raiola got banged up in Sunday's loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
Stefan Logan is expecting Lions coaches to "make some changes and make some corrections" to the special teams units. I certainly hope his expectation turns out to be accurate.
- During last Sunday's game, former Lions special teams ace Zack Follett chimed in with his thoughts on what is wrong with the coverage units.
Dang. Special teams comes down to attitude and No one on the Lions wants to be on ST and this is the result— Zack Follett (@ZakarianFollett) September 30, 2012
- According to Anwar Richardson, the Lions brought in former Dallas Cowboys cornerback Dwayne Goodrich this week for him to talk to players about his time in jail. With players set to depart Allen Park soon with this being their bye week, that seems like a really good idea. The last thing this team needs is another off-field incident.
- Speaking of off-field problems, cornerback Aaron Berry, who is now with the New York Jets, says he is ready to make the most of his second chance.
- Former Lions defensive tackle Andre Fluellen was released by the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday.
- The Lions have fallen all the way to 20th in SB Nation's latest NFL power rankings.
Lions notes: Will Louis Delmas return after bye week?
Lions notes takes a look at Louis Delmas' current status, Zack Follett's thoughts on the special teams coverage units and much more.
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.