- CBS' The NFL Today is going to air a story on Jerome Harrison before Thursday's Detroit Lions game. Go here for more details.
- I really, really wish the Lions would stop electing to receive when they win the coin toss.
Lions have now won the coin toss 6 times this year, 3 3-and-outs, 1 FG, 2 empty 6 play drives— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) November 18, 2012
- I'm hoping this is a sign that the Lions are finally ready to make a change at punt returner, because I can't take much more of Stefan Logan.
FWIW: Ryan Broyles was working with a Jugs machine alternating punts with Stefan Logan Tuesday— Lions RapidReports (@CBSLions) November 20, 2012
- According to Pro Football Focus, Matthew Stafford's receivers have dropped a league-leading 33 passes this season. Ouch.
- Stafford is in a new commercial for Van Heusen.
- Let's just say that a lot has changed since the last time the Lions played a game without Jeff Backus in the starting lineup. (By the way, Stockar McDougle was the last player not named Jeff Backus to start at left tackle for the Lions.)
- Houston Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph may be a game-time decision on Thursday because of a hamstring injury.
- Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is quite impressed with the Lions' defensive line.
- Calvin Johnson crossed the 1,000 yards receiving mark last Sunday. He has now had more than 1,000 yards receiving in three consecutive seasons and four of the last five years.
- Based on the current NFL standings, the Lions are slated to pick 11th in the 2013 NFL Draft. Obviously a lot of football still has to be played before the draft order is set.
- Speaking of the 2013 NFL Draft, SB Nation's latest mock has the Lions picking Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner in the first round. As someone who watched Milliner shut down his team this season, I would be extremely happy with a pick like this.
- In the past two seasons, the Lions have gone 1-11 against teams over .500. Essentially, they beat up on bad and average teams and get beat up by good teams. (Via Scout Taron)
- Scott Linehan's son led his high school team to the state finals.
- Martin Mayhew and Jim Schwartz spoke with Detroit Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski before last Sunday's game.
- Detroit's Alto Reed will perform the national anthem before Thursday's Lions/Texans game.
Lions notes: CBS to air story on Jerome Harrison
Lions notes looks at Jerome Harrison, the starting punt returner job and much more.
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.