- Here's a great stat from Tim Twentyman: Riley Reiff has been on the field for six of the Detroit Lions' 10 rushing touchdowns this season, and he has been on the field for their last five touchdowns.
- As pointed out by Dave Birkett, Reiff was in the game for 33 of the Lions' 72 offensive snaps on Sunday in Jacksonville. That was a career high for him.
- On Monday, Jim Schwartz said that Reiff has "given our run game an incredible boost." Schwartz added that the Lions' run game is "probably the most consistent and most productive" it's ever been since he came to Detroit.
- A big reason why the Lions won so easily against the Jacksonville Jaguars? Great tackling.
Schwartz said the Lions only had 2 missed tackles in the game ... & both TDs allowed came in prevent.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) November 5, 2012
- Louis Delmas didn't make the trip to Jacksonville for last Sunday's game, according to Anwar Richardson.
- Amari Spievey still hasn't been cleared to return from his most recent concussion.
Calvin Johnson's injured knee came out of Sunday's game "no worse for wear," according to Schwartz. Johnson ended up playing 83 percent of the Lions' offensive snaps (via Dave Birkett).
- Tim Twentyman has a breakdown of the plays this season where Johnson came up just short of the end zone.
- Not having Jahvid Best has been tough to overcome, but Joique Bell is doing a pretty good job of lessening the impact of Best's absence.
Schwartz said Joique Bell, averaging almost 11 yards a catch, has "certainly picked up some of that slack" left by Best's absence.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) November 5, 2012
- The announcers for Sunday's Lions game against the Minnesota Vikings are going to be Dick Stockton and John Lynch. I hate you, FOX.
- The United States Women's National Team will play China in soccer at Ford Field on Dec. 8. This will be worth attending for Alex Morgan alone.
Lions notes looks at the improved run game, Riley Reiff, Calvin Johnson and more.