- The Detroit Lions are finally bringing Wi-Fi to Ford Field. There is a catch, though. Right now it's only available to Verizon customers.
- NFL.com's Adam Schein didn't hold anything back in a recent column about the Lions, as he called them an "embarrassment," "clown show" and "biggest group of underachievers in the NFL." I don't know if I would go quite that far, but I can't disagree with the general theme of the article.
- Although Jerry Rice wouldn't mind if Calvin Johnson ends up breaking his single-season receiving record, Rice would prefer to keep it.
- Johnson finished second in Pro Bowl voting at wide receiver in the NFC behind Victor Cruz.
- The Lions added cornerback Ross Weaver, who has been with the team on a couple different occasions in the last year or so, to the practice squad this week.
- Here's an interesting tidbit from Dave Birkett: Ron Bartell, who was signed by the Lions earlier this week, got a two-year deal from the team. This indicates that they plan for him to be around beyond the final two weeks of 2012.
- This says a lot about some of the Lions' issues on offense this season:
Amazingly, the Lions have just 2 other 100-yard receiving performances outside of the 10 Calvin Johnson has (Young 100, Broyles 126)— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 19, 2012
- For now, Nick Fairley isn't planning to have surgery on his injured shoulder.
- Jim Schwartz called Jason Fox a "good developing player" when asked about him this week.
- It's expected that Ndamukong Suh's latest traffic citation will be resolved before it goes to a formal hearing.
- Dominic Raiola has been sued over child support payments.
- The Atlanta Falcons weren't interested in rehashing allegations from last year about the Lions taunting Matt Ryan.
- Barry Sanders said on Twitter this week that he is "pulling for" Adrian Peterson to break the NFL's single-season rushing record.
- Mocking The Draft's top 100 for the 2013 NFL Draft is out.
- Yahoo! Sports has an interesting story on what Jon Kitna is doing these days.
Lions notes: Wi-Fi at Ford Field, Calvin Johnson and Jerry Rice, more
Lions notes looks at Wi-Fi at Ford Field, Calvin Johnson and Jerry Rice and much more.
By Sean Yuille