- Eric Winston, the offensive tackle who had drawn interest from the Detroit Lions, received a four-year, $22 million deal from the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Lions offensive tackle Jeff Backus, who re-signed with the team on Saturday, said he is "glad to have this opportunity" to close out his career in Detroit. He is "looking forward to continuing" the recent success the Lions have had and also "making a strong push toward winning a Super Bowl."
- Offensive tackle Geoff Schwartz, who visited the Lions last week, has visits coming up with the Minnesota Vikings and San Francisco 49ers.
- It looks like the Lions aren't the only team interested in safety Oshiomogho Atogwe, who is set to visit Detroit on Tuesday. The New York Jets are also reportedly interested in him.
- David Garrard probably doesn't have any interest in the Lions now that Shaun Hill has been re-signed, but he has started scheduling visits. The first team to host him will be the Miami Dolphins.