UPDATE: The official list of undrafted free agent signings is out. The list below has been updated to reflect it.
UPDATE II: The Lions have now signed S Sam Proctor and WR Wallace Miles, bringing the list of UDFAs to 19 players.
An official announcement will be made by the Detroit Lions before their rookie mini-camp is held from May 11-13, but for now all we have are reports of undrafted free agent signings. They are based on tweets from agents, players and other sources, and as of right now, we know of 19 undrafted free agents who are expected to join the Lions. Here's the rundown:
- QB Kellen Moore (Boise State)
- RB Stephfon Green (Penn State)
- WR Patrick Edwards (Houston)
- WR Jared Karstetter (Washington State)
- WR Troy Burrell (Wayne State)
- WR Wallace Miles (North Carolina A&T)
- TE Alex Gottlieb (William & Mary)
- TE Austin Wells (Northern Iowa)
- OL Pat Boyle (Temple)
- OT Quinn Barham (Penn State)
- OG Rodney Austin (Elon)
- OG J.C. Oram (Weber State)
- DT Michael Cosgrove (Idaho)
- DT Edmon McClam (Old Dominion)
- LB Carmen Messina (New Mexico)
- LB Ronnie Sneed (Kentucky)
- CB Alonzo Lawrence (Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College)
- S Sam Proctor (Oklahoma)
- K Derek Dimke (Illinois)
Two quick notes: 1) It's possible that some of these players are being invited to the mini-camp as tryout players rather than actually being given a contract. 2) There have been reports of DE Monte Lewis signing with the Lions, but he tweeted on Saturday that he is joining the Washington Redskins. Unless something has changed, it doesn't appear he is headed to Detroit.
(This list will be updated as any additional reports of signings come in.)
Reminder: You can follow Pride of Detroit on Twitter and like us on Facebook.