- Nate Burleson said in a tweet on Sunday that he had already "reached out" to new Lions Kellen Moore and Ryan Broyles.
- Moore said he was frustrated by the NFL Draft process, but he described landing in Detroit with the Lions as a "great outcome in the end." He also said this: "I don’t think there will probably be a more motivated quarterback."
- Lions draft pick Bill Bentley was teammates with Janoris Jenkins at Pahokee High School. That is the same high school that Alphonso Smith attended.
- Martin Mayhew jokingly said this after the Bentley pick: "Well, we drafted a corner. It seems like everybody looks a little happier now."
- Lions draft pick Chris Greenwood is the first player from the MIAA (Albion's conference) to be drafted since 1967.
- Before the draft, SI's Don Banks put together a "2012 Wes Welker Watch List." Essentially, he put together a list of "little-known prospects who have a shot to make it in the league." Greenwood and fellow Lions draft pick Jonte Green both made the list.
- Although it was never publicly disclosed until after he was picked, Green was hosted by the Lions for a pre-draft visit.
- There were some rumors this weekend about Jake Long possibly being on his way out of Miami, but Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland refuted it by essentially saying that Long isn't going anywhere for a long time.
- Former Lions punter Nick Harris was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars over the weekend after the team drafted a punter in the third round.
Reminder: You can follow Pride of Detroit on Twitter and like us on Facebook.