- Sports Illustrated's Andy Gray found a picture of Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford and Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw from when they were kids.
- Fullback James Bryant has a very old school approach to his position. Here's what he had to say in an interview with Tim Twentyman: "I just want to come in here and block. Don’t throw me the ball. I don’t want to run the ball. I want to create holes." While it likely would be helpful to his chances of making the team if he does have some versatility, Jerome Felton could catch and run the ball and he was cut last year, so I can't really fault Bryant's approach.
- Stafford likes what he sees in Riley Reiff and Ryan Broyles.
- Calvin Johnson will be one of the players featured in NBC's opening segment with Faith Hill for Sunday night games in 2012. He'll be in LA on June 23 as part of the shoot.
- Johnson won a poll of NBA players who were asked about which athlete from another sport could become an NBA player.
- Lions rookie Jonte Green was one of three players who attended the Super Regional Combine at Ford Field and ended up being drafted.
- Ford Field came in at No. 13 in National Football Post's home-field advantage rankings.
- Former Michigan hockey player Jack Johnson was wearing a Lions hat at the World Hockey Championships in Europe earlier this week.