Mikel Leshoure seems to be making good progress from his Achilles injury. Ankle soreness did keep him out for at least one practice last week, but he was able to participate in team drills on Thursday.
Leshoure doing some team stuff today. Just went up the middle, made a cut and got some slaps on the helmet from the defense.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) June 14, 2012
- Sammie Hill returned to practice on Wednesday after being out on Tuesday.
- Jason Fox, Stephen Tulloch, Chris Greenwood and Louis Delmas, who were all out on Tuesday, missed practice on both Wednesday and Thursday.
- Jim Schwartz made a good point about Fox on Wednesday by saying that it's not just about his ability. It's also a matter of availability, and if a player isn't available, his ability doesn't mean a whole lot.
- Nate Hughes was out for undisclosed reasons on Wednesday.
- Johnny Culbreath was missing today because he is sick.
Maurice Stovall was also absent from today's practice. He is dealing with a "family situation."
- Doug Hogue returned to practice this week. He had been out with a wrap on his arm. The reason? He had 46 stitches in his arm to close a cut. Ouch.
- Speaking of Hogue, he drew some praise from Schwartz on Wednesday.
Lions Notes: Mikel Leshoure Participates In Team Drills
By Sean Yuille