- According to Anwar Richardson, Kellen Moore's lack of arm strength has been pretty noticeable during Lions practices this offseason. Matthew Stafford defended Moore's ability to play quarterback in the NFL this week, as did Jim Schwartz.
"I've seen him throw comebacks," Lions quarterback Stafford said. "I think he has plenty of arm. He's not going to be Aaron Rodgers, ripping it 60, 75-yards downfield, but he's got plenty of arm to win. He knows what he does best and how he can win."
- Schwartz had a pretty good quote about the impact the offseason practices held so far have had on players trying to make the team:
Schwartz: "You can’t make the team in minicamp, but you can make a good impression."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) June 12, 2012
- Stefan Logan isn't spending time worrying about potentially losing his job as the Lions' returner.
- The Lions' official site has video from Schwartz meeting with the media on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Martin Mayhew declined to comment when he was asked about Schwartz's contract this week.
- Chad Ochocinco signed with the Miami Dolphins earlier this week. At the very least, this should make HBO's Hard Knocks a bit more interesting.
- The New York Giants waived tight end Jake Ballard earlier this week since he is going to miss the entire season with an injury. They were hoping to have him clear waivers and be placed on injured reserve, but the New England Patriots decided to claim him. Never underestimate the sneakiness of Bill Belichick.
Lions Notes: Matthew Stafford Says Kellen Moore Has 'Plenty Of Arm To Win'
By Sean Yuille