In order to make room for safety Sean Jones, the Detroit Lions have released safety Sam Proctor.
Proctor was signed as an undrafted free agent earlier this offseason after impressing the coaches enough to earn a contract during the Lions' rookie minicamp. He was invited as a tryout but signed with the team following the minicamp.
This is the latest of several recent moves made to the roster. Here's a recap of what the Lions have done so far this month:
- Signed WR Maurice Stovall, released WR Jared Karstetter
- Signed WR Jarett Dillard, released OT Quinn Barham
- Claimed CB Dontrell Johnson off waivers, released S Alonzo Lawrence
- Signed QB R.J. Archer, released WR Troy Burrell
- Signed S Sean Jones, released S Sam Proctor
The Lions may continue to make minor moves like this as they get ready for training camp, and during camp there will surely be minor changes made to the roster. For the most part, though, the roster is set.
Reminder: You can follow Pride of Detroit on Twitter and like us on Facebook.