- The Detroit Lions' official site is counting down Calvin Johnson's top 10 plays of 2011 by having wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson break down the coach's film of each play. It's really interesting to get a coach's perspective, and Jefferson broke down one of Johnson's touchdowns against the Oakland Raiders in the first part of the series.
- According to the Detroit News, Lions president Tom Lewand "shook hands and slapped high-fives" with the more than 100 fans who were in line to buy tickets at the Ford Field box office on Tuesday morning. The Lions have already sold out two of their home games and are close to selling out two others.
- Fox Sports Detroit's Dave Dye has a good breakdown of the different scenarios that currently exist for Cliff Avril's contract situation.
- As expected, the Lions were not one of the many teams in attendance for Baylor wide receiver Josh Gordon's workout on Tuesday. Gordon is expected to be selected in Thursday's supplemental draft.
- CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora has an in-depth look at the NFL's road back to having a team in Los Angeles. He says it's only a matter of time until there is a team in L.A. again. It's just not clear right now which team will be relocated.
Lions Notes: Shawn Jefferson Breaks Down Calvin Johnson's Success Vs. Raiders
By Sean Yuille