Let's take a look at some notes from Day 2 of Detroit Lions training camp:
- Kellen Moore got a chance to take some first-team reps on Saturday.
- According to Anwar Richardson, Titus Young has been in "beast mode" so far during training camp.
- I think it's safe to say the same could be said about Calvin Johnson.
Sliding one-handed catch by Calvin draws oohs and ahs from the large crowd at practice— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) July 28, 2012
- The secondary seemed to have a much better practice on Saturday than on Friday. Alphonso Smith picked off Shaun Hill during the seven-on-seven drill, and Chris Houston reportedly had a good day of practice, as did Bill Bentley.
#Lions CB Chris Houston just broke up another pass play. He is having a good day— Anwar Richardson (@AnwarRichardson) July 28, 2012
DBs winning 7 on 7s so far. Houston and Bentley making plays— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) July 28, 2012
Louis Delmas seemed to be having a lot of fun at practice on Saturday.
Delmas jumps into the crowd after breaking up a pass. He's great with fans.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) July 28, 2012
- The first-string secondary once again consisted of Houston and Smith at cornerback and Delmas and Erik Coleman at safety. Amari Spievey briefly stepped in as the first-team safety when trainers had to tape up Coleman.
- Also like Friday, Bentley was the Lions' first-team nickelback on Saturday.
- According to Anwar Richardson, Stephen Tulloch looks like he is 100 percent healthy.
- On Saturday, Titus Young and Stefan Logan both got reps at kick returner. New cornerback Justin Miller and Joique Bell also got some reps at returner. On Friday, Stephfon Green and Lance Long got a chance to return kicks, according to Anwar Richardson, so it looks like the Lions are having an open competition for the return job.