- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Andre Fluellen talked this week about the football camp he recently hosted with Ronnie Brown.
- Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley helped host a kickball tournament in Dearborn Heights today. Fellow defensive linemen Sammie Hill and Cliff Avril came out to the event to support Fairley. Here's what Avril told the Free Press about being there: "You’ve got to support your fellow teammates, especially a fellow D-lineman. He’s trying to do something good and you’ve got to support him. He’s been through a lot the last few months. Got to be there for him."
- As pointed out by Pro Football Talk, players who have been given the non-exclusive franchise tender can still be signed by other teams. It doesn't seem likely that any will be signed by other teams at this point, but if a team came along and offered Avril an offer sheet, for example, they could theoretically sign him if the Lions declined to match it.
- According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin plans to report to training camp when it opens later this month. Last month, Harvin reportedly requested a trade from the Vikings.
- The St. Louis Rams and Janoris Jenkins are reportedly in a dispute over who is financially advising him. This seems relatively minor, but it could be a sign that drafting him wasn't such a good idea after all.
Lions Notes: Cliff Avril Lends His Support To Nick Fairley
By Sean Yuille