- The Detroit Lions won't close out the preseason until next week, but for all intents and purposes, training camp has come to a close. With the team shifting to a schedule similar to what they will have in the regular season and with practices no longer taking place in front of fans, camp is essentially over.
- The Lions' practice on Monday was considered a "sloppy" one by Jim Schwartz.
- The following players missed Monday's practice: , , , , , , Travis Lewis, and Louis Delmas. Nathan Overbay and , who were both waived-injured on Monday, also missed practice.
- This was the second day in a row that Young was out. According to Schwartz, Young was excused from Monday's practice, whereas on Sunday he was out with soreness.
- As previously mentioned, Kyle Vanden Bosch practiced on a limited basis on Monday.
- Mikel Leshoure practiced for a second consecutive day and got work with both the first and second string. He said that he hasn't experienced any setbacks, and he's hoping to play this weekend against the Oakland Raiders.
- Ryan Broyles was also able to practice for a second consecutive day.
- Riley Reiff got more work at offensive guard on Monday.