- An online auction that will benefit the Tom Kowalski Foundation has opened. (Via John Niyo)
- Four Detroit Lions players made ESPN's list of the top 200 players in the NFL: Calvin Johnson (fourth), Ndamukong Suh (33rd), Matthew Stafford (77th) and Cliff Avril (113th).
- The Tennessee Titans have named Jake Locker their starting quarterback. The Lions play the Titans in Week 3 of the regular season.
- GQ profiled Ndamukong Suh for its September 2012 issue. His interview has already been posted on GQ.com.
- Ford Field is going to host the Michigan football team for a practice on Wednesday as the Wolverines continue to get ready to play in Stadium against Alabama on Sept. 1.
- ESPN's Uni Watch is ranking the uniforms for the four major pro sports leagues in the United States. Surprisingly (to me, at least), the Lions' uniform came in at No. 108 out of 122. The reason for the low ranking, according to Uni Watch, is that the Lions still use the color black on the outlines of everything instead of simply going with Honolulu blue.
- The Maurice Jones-Drew saga now has talk of a trade swirling after what happened on Tuesday.