- Although he is eligible to play on Saturday for the Detroit Lions, new wide receiver Kassim Osgood isn't expecting to suit up this weekend. Instead, it looks like his Lions debut will come next Thursday in the team's preseason finale. He will have to make the most of that game, as he is fighting to make the roster as one of the final receivers.
- In case you missed it earlier, Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is expecting running back Mikel Leshoure to play a "fair amount" in his NFL debut on Saturday.
- As pointed out by Tim Twentyman, it has almost been one year and seven months since Leshoure last played in a football game.
- Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham thinks that defensive tackle Nick Fairley needs to mature, much like Willie Young has done in recent years.
- The ESPN The Magazine cover story on Calvin Johnson has been posted online.
- Lions quarterback Kellen Moore and wide receiver Titus Young are planning to attend next Friday night's Michigan State/Boise State game in East Lansing. Moore will find out earlier in the day if he has made the Lions' 53-man roster.
- The proposed changes to move the trade deadline back and alter the injured reserve rules weren't accepted by the NFLPA, so they won't be happening. Pro Football Talk has a look at why talks on these proposals fell apart.