- Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson will be featured on the season premiere of ESPN's E:60. The show airs at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Aug. 28. Below is a promo for the piece on Johnson.
- Baltimore Ravens linebacker Nigel Carr has received a fine of $15,750 from the NFL for a roughing the passer penalty he received after hitting the Lions' Shaun Hill last week.
- The Indianapolis Colts' Andrew Luck may not be the only rookie starting quarterback on the Lions' schedule in 2012. Why? Well, it's looking more and more like Russell Wilson may win the starting job for the Seattle Seahawks over Matt Flynn. Wilson got the start on Friday night for Seattle, and Flynn didn't even play due to an injury. What's more, Wilson looked great, completing 13-of-19 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed for 58 yards on two carries.
- Wide receiver Tim Toone, who was picked by the Lions as "Mr. Irrelevant" of the 2010 NFL Draft, is now with the Atlanta Falcons and had a 39-yard touchdown reception on Friday night. (Via Justin Rogers)
- Polygon, which is the video game equivalent of SB Nation, has posted a review of Madden NFL 13.