- Detroit Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch received a fine of $21,000 from the NFL for his helmet-to-helmet hit in overtime on Tennessee Titans tight end Craig Stevens.
- Titans offensive lineman Leroy Harris received a fine of $10,000 for diving at Tulloch's legs on a late hit. Tulloch responded by shoving Harris, resulting in a flag, and Tulloch called out Harris over the late hit this week. Tulloch and Harris were actually teammates on the Titans and in college at North Carolina State, but there certainly doesn't appear to be any love lost between them.
- One more fine from last Sunday's game: Titans defensive end Scott Solomon received a $15,750 fine for a low hit on Matthew Stafford.
- Had the regular referees not returned this week, the referee for the Lions/Vikings game would have been the one from the Monday night mess in Seattle.
- Sunday's announcers for the Lions/Vikings game are going to be Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick. I hate FOX.
- Dr. James Andrews performed Corey Williams' surgery earlier this week.
- Ndamukong Suh showed off his kicking skills on WXYZ earlier this week by making a few field goals, including one from 40 yards out.
- Kevin Smith isn't worrying about his place on the Lions depth chart.
- According to Adam Caplan, the Lions worked out Daniel Muir, Andre Gurode, Matt Tennant, Cory Procter, Jake Scott and other offensive linemen this week.
- Jared Allen certainly doesn't have many friends in Detroit, but he does have the respect of Nate Burleson.
- Nick Fairley's lawyer is trying to get the Lions defensive tackle into a pretrial diversion program in order to prevent a criminal conviction from showing up on his record.
- The Lions tied a team record with 92 offensive snaps against the Titans, according to Dave Birkett.
- According to Mike Garafolo, former Lions cornerback Aaron Berry visited the New York Jets on Friday.
- Former Lion Lomas Brown is a nominee for the 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame class.
- Speaking of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, a traveling exhibit is coming to Dearborn in 2014.
- Slows BBQ is coming to Ford Field.
Lions notes: Stephen Tulloch fined $21,000 for helmet-to-helmet hit against Titans
Lions notes looks at Stephen Tulloch's fine, other fines from the Lions/Titans game, the announcers for this week's game and more.
By Sean Yuille