- As of Wednesday afternoon, Ndamukong Suh still hadn't heard back from the NFL about his appeal. It's now been exactly one month since Suh was fined, and his appeal was heard more than two weeks ago. Get it moving, NFL. (It doesn't appear that Suh's tripping penalty will lead to any additional discipline from the NFL, by the way.)
- Suh is sixth on the latest edition of ESPN's MVP watch.
- Green Bay Packers safety Jerron McMillian has been fined $15,000 for the hit on Sunday that gave Tony Scheffler his third career concussion.
- The Detroit Lions are preparing for Sunday's game as if Calvin Johnson won't play. The Cleveland Browns, on the other hand, are preparing as if Megatron will be out there.
- Nate Burleson is hoping to be back before the Lions' bye week, meaning he wants to return for their game against the Dallas Cowboys on Oct. 27. He made it clear that he isn't going to rush back sooner than he should, though.
- As noted by MLive, Sam Martin is currently second in the NFL in punting. The Lions will need him to play well on Sunday considering Browns returner Travis Benjamin was just named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
- On Wednesday, Dominic Raiola gave his side of the Wisconsin band story and denied using a gay slur. He also alleged that members of the band were "jawing a little bit" as well.
- Darius Slay is planning to exchange jerseys after Sunday's game with Joe Haden, who is Slay's favorite cornerback.
- The Browns once again reiterated that they don't plan on trading wide receiver Josh Gordon.
- Per Adam Caplan, the Lions recently worked out offensive tackles Dennis Roland and Tony Hills.
- Former Lions defensive lineman Darris McCord, who was a member of the "Fearsome Foursome," passed away on Wednesday at the age of 80.
Lions notes: Ndamukong Suh, Nate Burleson, more
Lions notes looks at Ndamukong Suh's appeal, Nate Burleson's injury and much more.
By Sean Yuille