- Israel Idonije was fined $15,750 for a "leg whip" from last Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers. The play looked very similar to the tripping penalty Ndamukong Suh had earlier in the game, but Idonije was not flagged. Interestingly, Suh was flagged, but he was not fined. The NFL, ladies and gentlemen.
- I think this is the quote of the week:
OL Dylan Gandy hilarious today talking about being emergency TE. "I think we are really neglecting a deep threat that I offer."— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) October 10, 2013
- Upon further review of last week's game, Ziggy Ansah has lost half a sack and Suh has in turn gained half a sack.
Ansah's sack in GB has been changed to a half sack for Ansah and a half sack for Ndamukong Suh per @EliasSports. Ansah now has 3 and Suh 2.5— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 10, 2013
- Reggie Bush understands why fans would want their team to be on Hard Knocks, but he wasn't a big fan of it when his Miami Dolphins were featured on the show.
- Interestingly enough, Bush was mic'd up last week at Lambeau Field.
- MLive's Q&A with Jason Fox is outstanding.
- Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Brian Robiskie signed with the Atlanta Falcons this week. (The Falcons' wide receivers coach is Robiskie's father, by the way.)
- ESPN's Kevin Seifert analyzed the idea of expanding the NFL playoffs. If the league simply adds two teams and takes away one bye from each conference, I will be fine with the change.
- Matt Cassel is starting at quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings this week.
- Chicago Bears linebacker D.J. Williams is out for the season after suffering a torn pectoral muscle.
Lions notes: Israel Idonije fined for leg whip against Packers
Lions notes looks at Israel Idonije, Dylan Gandy, Ziggy Ansah, Ndamukong Suh and more.
By Sean Yuille