- Matthew Stafford has been excellent in the fourth quarter of games this season.
QB @Staff_9 leads the NFC (second in NFL) in 4th quarter passing with a rating of 124.9. He has a 69.5 completion % with 5 TDs and 0 INTs— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 15, 2013
- Stafford's quick release combined with the Detroit Lions' new-look offensive line has produced excellent results so far this season.
#Lions, with 3 new OL starters, rank No. 2/NFL in sacks per dropback. Why? Stafford averaging league-low 2.27 secs in pocket.— Kevin Seifert (@SeifertESPN) October 15, 2013
- The Dallas Cowboys released cornerback Chris Greenwood on Tuesday. He spent a few weeks on their 53-man roster after being signed off the Lions' practice squad last month. I have to think the Lions will take a look at bringing him back as a member of their practice squad, especially since the Cowboys are coming to town next week.
- Joseph Fauria is among the nominees for the Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week award.
- How was Fauria able to catch 3 touchdowns against the Cleveland Browns? His size gave him a huge matchup advantage:
Det TE Joseph Fauria's a hige matchup problem. He had 7, 6 and 9 inches on the 3 Cleve defenders who single-covered him on his 3 TDs Sunday.— Peter King (@SI_PeterKing) October 15, 2013
- The NFL's top two defensive tackles in generating pressure will be playing in the same game on Sunday.
Ndamukong Suh still leads all DTs with 32 total pressures. 2nd Geno Atkins (26) & 3rd Gerald McCoy (24)— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) October 15, 2013
- Ian Rapoport thinks the Lions would have "already dealt" for Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt if not for his off-field issues. Given all of his character red flags, it seems that the Lions aren't interested in making a move for him.
- As part of a shoot for a Red Bull commercial, Reggie Bush served hot dogs at Lafayette Coney Island in Detroit on Monday.
- The NFL has decided to add return specialists back to the Pro Bowl. With kickoffs eliminated for the 2014 Pro Bowl, return specialists were originally left out of the game, but they have been added back for punt returns.
Lions notes looks at Matthew Stafford, Chris Greenwood and much more.