- The Detroit Lions are going to sell standing room only tickets for next week's game against the Dallas Cowboys.
Ndamukong Suh has appealed his $31,500 fine. If it were anybody else, I'd say that he has a good chance of winning his appeal and getting his fine reduced. Since it is Suh, it'd be a big upset if he does actually win the appeal.
Sam Martin and Joseph Fauria are the best.
Yo @SamMartin_6! I guess the secret is out, and now everyone knows we are Besties! http://t.co/DIcDyKBPtO— Joseph Fauria (@BigJoeFauria) October 17, 2013
- The Detroit News has an excellent piece on how the Lions ended up signing Fauria as an undrafted free agent.
Calvin Johnson hung out with Kid Rock at the Tigers game on Thursday night. (Several Lions were in attendance.)
Glover Quin was mic'd up for the Lions last week.
- When Nate Burleson returns from his injury, he is planning to wear Kevlar on his arm since he doesn't want to re-break it and have a Rob Gronkowski situation on his hands.
- MLive spoke with Rashean Mathis for its Q&A this week, while ESPN caught up with Shaun Hill.
- According to a Harris Poll, the Lions are the 22nd-most popular team in the NFL.
- Remember how the NFL denied that they are considering adding more Thursday night games? Well, Jerry Jones pretty much rendered that denial meaningless by making it sound like a Thursday night doubleheader is indeed up for consideration.
- Cornerback Jacob Lacey is back with the Minnesota Vikings after they placed safety Harrison Smith on injured reserve with the designation to return.
- As noted by Justin Rogers, Ronnell Lewis spent some time with the CFL's Toronto Argonauts this season.
Lions notes: Ndamukong Suh, Joseph Fauria, Sam Martin, more
Lions notes looks at Ndamukong Suh, Joseph Fauria, Sam Martin and much more.
By Sean Yuille