- Continuing the theme from earlier in the week, here are some more great stats involving Reggie Bush (and Larry Warford).
Reggie Bush's 7.7 rush avg was highest by a Lions RB with 18+ attempts since Barry Sanders (8.0) on 23 att. vs. Jets back in Dec. of 1997.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 30, 2013
Pro Football Focus credits Reggie Bush with forcing 8 missed tackles vs. Bears, including 3 on one run.— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) October 1, 2013
From PFF: Reggie Bush picked up 98 of his 139 rushing yards running either side of the RG spot. Larry Warford doing work— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) October 1, 2013
- Bush is nominated for the Week 4 FedEx Ground Player of the Week award.
- According to Pro Football Focus, Matthew Stafford leads the NFL in average time to throw at 2.24 seconds. Peyton Manning is second at 2.35 seconds.
- The Detroit Lions have to do better in the field position battle on Sunday at Lambeau Field, as evidenced by this stat:
The #Lions rank first in NFL in average starting field position at home (39.8 yard line) and dead last on the road (17.8 yard line).— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 1, 2013
- The Lions also need to do a better job of converting third downs on offense. They are outstanding on third down on defense, though.
Lions on third down: They rank first on defense, 10-47, 21 percent conversion; but 28th on offense, 14-47, 30 percent conversion.— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) October 1, 2013
- The Lions already have 8 interceptions this season, as noted by the team's official Twitter account. Last season, they had 11 interceptions in 16 games.
- Louis Delmas and Glover Quin have been outstanding this season.
- Israel Idonije said the idea of him tipping the Chicago Bears' calls is "ridiculous" and "crazy."
- The Free Press has a look at what the Lions have done in the past after starting 3-1.
- MLive broke down some of Bush's runs against the Bears, as well as how Willie Young helped create Ndamukong Suh's strip-sack that turned into a fumble recovery for a touchdown.
- On Tuesday, Nate Burleson posted pictures from his car accident.
- The announcers for Sunday's Lions game against the Green Bay Packers are going to be Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa.
- This is an interesting note about Jay Cutler:
Cutler said he gained some respect for Detroit's defense in Sunday's game. Said they were very business like.— Michael C. Wright (@mikecwright) September 30, 2013
Lions notes: Reggie Bush, Matthew Stafford, more
Lions notes looks at Reggie Bush, Matthew Stafford and much more.
By Sean Yuille