- The Detroit Lions added Steven Miller back to the practice squad on Monday. He was released last week when the Lions brought back Chris Greenwood, but with Jeremy Ross going up to the 53-man roster, an opening was created to re-sign Miller.
- Jim Schwartz apparently heard from the NFL about the illegal forward pass on the blocked field goal return that he was told he couldn't challenge. He said on Monday that, looking back, he should have just challenged it.
- Schwartz also explained on Monday why he elects to take the ball first in games.
Schwartz on why he takes ball first: "Cause we have Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford. I’d like to get those guys the ball in their hand."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 21, 2013
- Schwartz commented on Jim Leyland retiring as manager of the Tigers on Monday.
It's unclear if Chris Houston is going to be in the starting lineup this week after he was benched against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- The Lions went downfield quite a bit against the Bengals on Sunday.
Matthew Stafford attempted 11 passes of at least 20 yards vs Bengals. Attempted 21 in the first six games combined.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 21, 2013
- Calvin Johnson and A.J. Green exchanged jerseys following Sunday's game.
LaAdrian Waddle did a pretty good job for the Lions on Sunday despite being thrown into the fire without any real warning.
How did Waddle fare in debut? Allowed 0 QB hits on 43 snaps, and 3 QB hurries. Thats the same as Reiff, fewer than Warford (4), Hilliard (5)— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 21, 2013
- The Lions' official Twitter feed posted a great stat on Monday: Detroit has a +5 turnover differential in its four wins and a 0 turnover differential in its three losses.
- According to Forbes, Ndamukong Suh is the NFL's third-most disliked player. Reggie Bush is actually No. 10 on the list.
- The announcers for Sunday's Lions game against the Dallas Cowboys are going to be Dick Stockton and Brian Billick.
- Preach, Lawrence Jackson:
The NFL and MERTON HANKS need to be worried about the likes of Meriweather and not Suh... #realdangervsperception #brandonmarshallisright— Lawrence Jackson (@LoJackson94) October 21, 2013
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Doug Martin reportedly has a shoulder injury that could end his season. The Bucs play the Lions on Nov. 24.
Lions notes: Steven Miller re-signed to practice squad
Lions notes looks at Steven Miller, Jim Schwartz's comments from Monday and much more.
By Sean Yuille