- After saying that he "can do whatever" Calvin Johnson can do, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant made it clear on Wednesday that he thinks quite highly of Megatron. Bryant indicated that people took his comments the wrong way, and he said this about Johnson:
Dez on if CJ is best WR: "He broke Jerry Rice's record, that's settting the bar for every receiver in the league. That's what I'm saying."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 23, 2013
- Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr thinks Johnson is the "best receiver in the league."
- Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said this week that it was "unfortunate" that they had to release Chris Greenwood, who later re-signed with the Detroit Lions' practice squad. Why did the Cowboys have to release him? Quite simply, they were in need of a roster spot with injuries piling up and viewed Greenwood as expendable since he is a "developing player."
Ndamukong Suh has not yet decided if he is going to accept the NFL's latest invitation to meet with league officials during the Lions' bye week.
Stephen Tulloch is the owner of the NFL's second-longest streak for consecutive games played by an active defensive player, per Eamonn Reynolds.
- The Lions currently have a 45 percent chance of making the playoffs, according to a website. (Via the Free Press)
- It turns out that Christian Ponder may start at quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings this week because Josh Freeman has a concussion.
Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather got his suspension reduced from two games to one game after appealing the original punishment. I'd love to get hearing officer Ted Cottrell's explanation for why someone with Meriweather's history of head shots deserved to get his suspension cut in half.
Lions notes: Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, more
Lions notes looks at Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant and much more.
By Sean Yuille