- The Chicago Bears recently worked out Tony Scheffler, who was released by the Detroit Lions this week. It doesn't look like Scheffler is going to be signed, though, at least not right now. (The Lions play the Bears in two weeks, by the way.)
- No matter what happens on Sunday, the Lions will head into the second half of the season with a great chance of making the playoffs because of their schedule.
The 4 easiest remaining schedules in terms of winning % 1. Det 2. Sea 3. GB 4. SF......All should be playoff teams— John Middlekauff (@JohnMiddlekauff) October 25, 2013
- The story of Louis Delmas' pet alligator (see below) is something else.
- The Lions were mentioned by NFL.com as a "possible fit" for wide receiver Josh Gordon, wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, wide receiver Kenny Britt, defensive end Jason Babin and wide receiver Greg Little, who are all believed to be candidates to be moved before the upcoming trade deadline.
- Not having to play at the Georgia Dome is a big plus of taking on the Atlanta Falcons in London next year.
- As expected, the Lions' bye week next year will be after their game in London.
- The Lions have a lot of international connections:
- MLive's Q&A with Rodney Austin is outstanding. (This story from MLive about C.J. Mosley is also quite good.)
- Dominic Raiola, who is having his best season in quite some time in the eyes of Scott Linehan, was mic'd up for the Lions last week.
- Former Lions draft pick Reggie Rogers died this week at the age of 49.
- The St. Louis Rams reportedly asked Brett Favre to come out of retirement to be their quarterback for the rest of the season. Now that's desperation.
Lions notes: Tony Scheffler works out for Bears
Lions notes looks at Tony Scheffler, strength of schedule, Louis Delmas' pet alligator and much more.
By Sean Yuille