- Detroit Lions vice chairman Bill Ford Jr. made some headlines with his comments on Tuesday night. First, take a look at what he said about this Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers:
Bill Ford said Lambeau Field is special and will feel very special when 'we win there this week"— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 2, 2013
- The Lions recently worked out defensive end Austen Lane and defensive tackle Kheeston Randall, according to Adam Caplan.
- Per Jennifer Hammond, the Lions haven't beaten every other team in the NFC North in the same season since 1999. They can change that with a win on Sunday against the Packers.
- Well put, Aaron Rodgers.
Rodgers, on Packers' 22-game home win streak vs Lions: "Streaks are meant to be broken."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 2, 2013
- This is pretty funny:
Aaron Rodgers was hilarious on his teleconference. Signed off with:"Tell Reggie .......... tell him I said hey. [click]"— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 2, 2013
- Nate Burleson compared his teammates' help with getting him through his injuries to "Wilson" (the Volleyball) from the movie Cast Away.
- The Lions have been excellent at picking up yards after the catch.
The #Lions have 625 receiving yards after the catch this year. That's No. 1 in the NFL. The league average is 377.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 1, 2013
- A lot of points are being scored by teams from the NFC North.
Apparently the NFC North is a high-scoring division. After DEN (45.75), GB (32), CHI (31.75), DET (30.5) & MIN (28.75) next in @nfl PPG avg— Detroit Lions (@DetroitLionsNFL) October 1, 2013
- Gunther Cunningham likes what he's seen out of Ndamukong Suh and DeAndre Levy.
I asked DC Gunther Cunningham today about @NdamukongSuh and his play Sunday. His first 4 words were: "No. 90, my god" That sums up the rest.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 1, 2013
Gunther Cunningham said DeAndre Levy is earning a nickname around the defense … "They call him the screen killer now. He feels it coming."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 1, 2013
- Obviously this means nothing after Week 4, but the Lions currently are slated to have the No. 23 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. That's the same pick they had in the 2012 NFL Draft.
- Speaking of next year's draft, a recent mock projected the Lions to take Alabama outside linebacker C.J. Mosley. Can you imagine how confusing it would be to have two players with that name on the same defense?
Lions notes: Bill Ford Jr. comments on Packers, Bears
Lions notes looks at Bill Ford Jr., Aaron Rodgers and much more.
By Sean Yuille