- As expected, Calvin Johnson was named the NFC Offensive Player of Week 8 for what he did against the Dallas Cowboys.
- This is just amazing:
- This week's NFL Turning Point on NBC Sports Network included an awesome feature on the Cowboys game. It's going to be re-aired throughout the week, so make sure you check it out at some point. (Also included in the show is a great clip of Wes Welker on the bench during Denver's game saying: "See how many yards Calvin Johnson had?")
- This year's Thanksgiving halftime show for the Detroit Lions is going to have a "community focused approach" rather than a high-profile musical act. Go here for more information.
- Matthew Stafford's game-winning quarterback sneak is among the nominees for the GMC Never Say Never Moment of Week 8.
- Stafford and Reggie Bush are nominated for the FedEx Air and Ground Player of the Week awards.
- Tim Allen went as Stafford for Halloween -- full uniform and all.
- The Lions have got to stop allowing so many big plays.
Here's part of the problem for Lions on defense. They rank last in the NFL allowing 99 points outside the red zone. League average is 47.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 29, 2013
- This is just wild:
- The Miami Dolphins worked out former Lions wide receivers Mike Thomas and Matt Willis this week.
Lions notes looks at Calvin Johnson, this year's Thanksgiving halftime show and much more.