- Matthew Stafford was mic'd up for last week's game against the Chicago Bears. Check it out:
- Rocky McIntosh was fined $15,750 for his horse collar tackle against the Bears.
- It turns out no Bears players were fined for Week 4, meaning there was no discipline for the spear on Kris Durham at the end of last Sunday's game.
- Ndamukong Suh said this week that Aaron Rodgers is "good people," but he doesn't think he can be friends with an opposing quarterback.
- The Lions have gotten a lot of contributions from rookies this season:
- Go read MLive's Q&A with Glover Quin (it includes a tidbit about Louis Demas having a pet alligator named Mojo) and ESPN's interview series with Dominic Raiola. Also, go read about Sam Martin and Joseph Fauria's debate about superheroes.
- New Lions wide receiver Kevin Ogletree has selected 11 as his jersey number.
- Sounds about right.
Schwartz: It was hard to judge Ogletree from this year's tape based on how Tampa is playing and the QB situation there.— Tom Leyden (@TomLeyden) October 3, 2013
- Speaking of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, they released quarterback Josh Freeman this week.
- The Cleveland Browns are going into next week's game against the Lions on a three-game winning streak, but quarterback Brian Hoyer has been declared out for the season after tearing his ACL on Thursday night.
Lions notes: Matthew Stafford mic'd up against Bears
Lions notes looks at Matthew Stafford, a fine from last week's game and much more.
By Sean Yuille