- As noted by Tim Twentyman, Ziggy Ansah leads all rookies in sacks with 3.5 so far this season, and the Cleveland Browns' Barkevious Mingo is second with 3.0.
- This is pretty funny:
Ashlee Palmer escorted Calvin Johnson through the locker room, pretending to be a bodyguard for 81. "Where's Johnson?!" he screamed.— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) October 8, 2013
- Stop dropping passes, guys.
This is not a stat you want if you're the #Lions. Among qualifying players, Reggie Bush is 2nd in NFL in drop percentage (17.4 percent)— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) October 8, 2013
Joique Bell (who has 22 catches, by the way) is also dropping more than 10 percent of his attempted receptions (11.1 percent)— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) October 8, 2013
Lions among the NFL leaders in dropped passes. They're dropping 10.7 percent of Stafford’s passes this season, according to Stats, LLC.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 8, 2013
- The Lions made it clear last year that they aren't going to change their ways despite struggling early on in games, but they really need to stop taking the ball after they win the toss.
The #Lions have yet to score on their opening possession of any game this year.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 8, 2013
- 10 of the 16 teams in the NFC are currently at or below .500. Above .500: New Orleans, Seattle, Arizona, San Francisco, Chicago and Detroit.
- In the future, if no team volunteers for Hard Knocks, the NFL will simply pick one. Teams with a new head coach or a playoff appearance in one of the past two seasons can decline. Also, teams that previously appeared on Hard Knocks in the past 10 years can decline, but the NFL would probably want a new team anyway.
- There are going to be three games in London next season, and the Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders and Atlanta Falcons are going to serve as the home teams. It's worth noting that the Lions will play on the road against the Falcons in 2014, so they potentially could get to play a game in London.
- The uniforms for the 2014 Pro Bowl are pretty ugly (unless you're an Oregon or Oregon State fan).
- The finalists to host Super Bowl 52 are New Orleans, Indianapolis and Minneapolis.
Lions notes looks at Ziggy Ansah, Hard Knocks news and much more.