- Calvin Johnson has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Month for October.
- Jerry Jones thinks Deion Sanders could shut down Johnson. Will the Dallas Cowboys ever learn to stop talking about Johnson? It never ends well for them.
- Sports Illustrated's Doug Farrar has a breakdown of how Johnson dominated the Cowboys, while NFL.com's Bucky Brooks took a look at how the Detroit Lions used Johnson in different ways against Dallas.
- Johnson and Ndamukong Suh both made multiple lists of "building-block players" on ESPN.
- NFL.com has posted the "Sound FX" version of Matthew Stafford mic'd up against the Cowboys.
- The Lions' offensive line has a championship belt, and LaAdrian Waddle got it this week for his outstanding performance against the Cowboys. I want one:
LaAdrian Waddle earned the offensive line's title belt this week. And he's a proud dude. pic.twitter.com/bTRkN2V80d— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 29, 2013
- Ford Field is going to play host to the 2014 Super Regional Combine.
- Red Bull has posted a video of Reggie Bush checking out Lafayette Coney Island and touring the city of Detroit.
- Breaking Madden this week involves Brett Favre and the St. Louis Rams. Need I say more?
- Jay Cutler is hoping to return sooner than originally thought. Might he be back in time for the Chicago Bears' game against the Lions a week from Sunday? Brandon Marshall thinks so.
Lions notes: Calvin Johnson named NFC Offensive Player of the Month
Lions notes looks at Calvin Johnson, LaAdrian Waddle and much more.
By Sean Yuille