Calvin Johnson set another NFL record on Sunday in Pittsburgh.
With 179 yards at Pitt, @Bigplaycj set an NFL record for most rec. yards in 4-game span (746). Broke record set by Charlie Hennigan (721).— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 18, 2013
- There's a chance Nate Burleson could be back this week. Also, it looks like the injuries Joique Bell and Glover Quin suffered on Sunday are of the short-term variety.
- It turns out the Detroit Lions didn't bench Reggie Bush because he fumbled. Instead, they benched him because of the weather/field conditions. I'll let Jim Schwartz explain:
Schwartz: "Reggie in horse racing wouldn't be called a mudder. He's an explosively quick guy. He's better on a fast track."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) November 18, 2013
- The Lions worked out tight end D.J. Williams on Monday, according to Aaron Wilson.
- Apparently Dylan Gandy is the Lions' emergency tight end.
- Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick are going to announce Sunday's Lions game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I hate you, FOX.
- Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson has been suspended for Sunday's game after another helmet-to-helmet hit.
- The NFL decided against flexing a game into the Sunday night slot for Week 13. As a result, the New York Giants/Washington Redskins game remains in prime time. (For Week 14, there's a chance the Lions' game against the Philadelphia Eagles could get flexed into prime time.)
- Speaking of flexing games, this is interesting:
NFL creating new weekly cross-flexing system for Sunday's next season in which 1 pm games on FOX can be 4 pm games on CBS and vice versa.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 17, 2013
- Mocking The Draft put together a 2014 NFL mock draft. In it, the Lions are projected to pick 28th (!) and take Oregon cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu.
- Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers have both been ruled out for this week.
Lions notes: Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, more
Lions notes looks at Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson and much more.
By Sean Yuille