- Is this the week that Nate Burleson will return from his broken arm? It doesn't look like it, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Per Rotoworld, Mortensen reported last week that Burleson will likely need "a couple more weeks at least" to get fully healthy. There's really no point in rushing him back, so this isn't a huge surprise.
- Joseph Fauria was fined $7,875 last week for his personal foul in the Dallas Cowboys game.
- Matthew Stafford's game-winning quarterback sneak was voted the GMC Never Say Never Moment of Week 8.
- Ndamukong Suh's meeting last week with NFL officials did in fact take place via a teleconference. Suh wasn't the only one in attendance, either. Jason La Canfora reports that the Detroit Lions had Tom Lewand, Martin Mayhew, Jim Schwartz and Kris Kocurek on the call as well.
- The Free Press put together a timeline and in-depth story on the 50-year anniversary of William Clay Ford buying the Lions.
- The Denver Broncos have named Jack Del Rio their interim head coach following John Fox's heart surgery.
Lions notes: Will Nate Burleson be back this week?
Lions notes looks at Nate Burleson, Joseph Fauria, William Clay Ford and more.
By Sean Yuille