Nate Burleson isn't going to rush back from his broken arm.
Burleson: "I’ve been itching to get back on the field since I banged my arm up but it’s up to the trainers and doctors. I have to be smart."— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 5, 2013
- This doesn't exactly sound promising for Ziggy Ansah's status this week:
Ziggy Ansah left the locker room with a walking boot on left ankle, declined comment— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) November 5, 2013
- On a positive note, Jason Jones, who is out for the season after rupturing his patellar tendon, is ahead of schedule and expected to be 100 percent by February.
Reggie Bush didn't have much to say about former Miami Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin and that whole situation.
- The Detroit Lions' stance against hazing has been well known since Jim Schwartz became head coach years ago.
- It's been a while since the Lions were in first place in their division this late in the season.
Matthew Stafford and Riley Reiff had some fun with the situation at the end of the Dallas Cowboys game where Stafford was yelling for Reiff to get to the line before the quarterback sneak.
- The announcers for Sunday's game between the Lions and Chicago Bears are going to be Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa.
- Quarterback Matt Flynn and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha both cleared waivers on Tuesday and are now free agents.
Lions notes: Nate Burleson, Ziggy Ansah, more
Lions notes looks at Nate Burleson, Ziggy Ansah and much more.
By Sean Yuille