Matthew Stafford, who has now started 40 consecutive games for the Detroit Lions, is about to break the team's all-time passing record.
Calvin Johnson commented on World Series of Poker champion Ryan Riess, who wore a No. 81 Lions jersey during his run at the final table.
More Calvin Johnson on @RyanRiess1: "That a way to represent for Detroit. I'm happy he won. ... That's some good energy with the 81 on."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) November 6, 2013
- It looks like LaAdrian Waddle may continue to be the Lions' starting right tackle.
Even with what appeared to be a healthy Jason Fox, LaAdrian Waddle got first team RT reps. Gotta think it's his job to lose at this point— Mike Mady (@lionsreport) November 6, 2013
- FYI: New Lions defensive end Austen Lane is No. 97, per Josh Katzenstein.
- Lane has a pretty, well, interesting tattoo:
- NFL Network's Mark Kriegel put together a good piece on Reggie Bush and the city of Detroit.
Ndamukong Suh got a couple shout-outs on Eminem's new album. He's mentioned in both "Groundhog Day" and "Wicked Ways."
- According to multiple reports, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. If true, it doesn't exactly seem likely that he will be able to play against the Lions on Thanksgiving, which is just 24 days after his injury happened.
- It's sounding less and less likely that Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is going to return this week and play against the Lions.
Lions notes: Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, LaAdrian Waddle, more
Lions notes looks at Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, LaAdrian Waddle and much more.
By Sean Yuille