Matthew Stafford, who has now started 40 consecutive games for the Detroit Lions, is about to break the team's all-time passing record.
Calvin Johnson commented on World Series of Poker champion Ryan Riess, who wore a No. 81 Lions jersey during his run at the final table.
More Calvin Johnson on @RyanRiess1: "That a way to represent for Detroit. I'm happy he won. ... That's some good energy with the 81 on."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) November 6, 2013
- It looks like LaAdrian Waddle may continue to be the Lions' starting right tackle.
Even with what appeared to be a healthy Jason Fox, LaAdrian Waddle got first team RT reps. Gotta think it's his job to lose at this point— Mike Mady (@lionsreport) November 6, 2013
- FYI: New Lions defensive end Austen Lane is No. 97, per Josh Katzenstein.
- Lane has a pretty, well, interesting tattoo:
- NFL Network's Mark Kriegel put together a good piece on Reggie Bush and the city of Detroit.
Ndamukong Suh got a couple shout-outs on Eminem's new album. He's mentioned in both "Groundhog Day" and "Wicked Ways."
- According to multiple reports, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. If true, it doesn't exactly seem likely that he will be able to play against the Lions on Thanksgiving, which is just 24 days after his injury happened.
- It's sounding less and less likely that Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is going to return this week and play against the Lions.
Lions notes looks at Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, LaAdrian Waddle and much more.