- How bad are things for the Detroit Lions right now? Nate Burleson was heckled by a homeless man on Monday.
Nate Burleson on radio says he got heckled by a homeless man while doing charity work today: "Man, you guys are sorry. Same old Lions."— Chris Burke (@ChrisBurke_SI) December 9, 2013
- The Lions and Baltimore Ravens are both 7-6, marking the seventh time this season the Lions will have played a team with the same record as them.
- I feel like we've been saying this every week for the last couple months now, but please starting taking care of the ball, Lions.
The Lions problem is they don't value the ball enough. Last five years thru Week 14, they are -14 in turnover margin with a 24-41 record.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 9, 2013
Jeremy Ross' kick return touchdown on Sunday was made possible by a few different players.
Looked at the tape of Ross' 98-yard kickoff return. Terrific blocks from Theo Riddick, Julian Stanford and Israel Idonije to spring him.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 9, 2013
- Sports Illustrated's Peter King blasted the officials for some of the calls that went against the Lions on Sunday in Philadelphia. Jim Schwartz avoided coming right out and criticizing the calls, but it's not tough to read between the lines of his comments. There's not much you can tell players when they're being flagged for clean plays.
- Regarding the questions about cleats, the snow and if the Lions made adjustments, Schwartz said this on Monday:
Jim Schwartz said the #Lions were wearing the tallest cleats they could possibly wear. Some players changed after warmups.— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) December 9, 2013
- Schwartz doesn't agree with the notion that the Lions defense is "soft."