- Potential Detroit Lions first-round picks Eric Fisher and Ezekiel Ansah are both planning to attend the 2013 NFL Draft in New York City. Ansah is actually going to the draft instead of walking at his graduation.
- A local restaurant has already named a food item after Reggie Bush.
- The Lions reportedly worked out defensive end Alex Okafor at Texas' pro day this week.
- Lions general manager Martin Mayhew personally attended North Carolina's pro day, and he reportedly was keeping an eye on offensive guard Jonathan Cooper and offensive tackle Brennan Williams.
- According to Dave Birkett, the Lions met with Michigan State running back Le'Veon Bell at the NFL Combine.
- ESPN.com's Matt Williamson thinks the Lions are one strong draft away from being a contender.
- Rotoworld's Evan Silva ranks the Lions as having the 20th-best starting lineup in the NFL right now.
- Also from Silva is this interesting stat:
Matthew Stafford is entering his 5th NFL season, but still younger than Kaepernick, Dalton, Ponder. Only 9 months older than Russell Wilson.— Evan Silva (@evansilva) March 29, 2013
- New Lions safety Glover Quin hasn't picked his number yet.
- Defensive end Osi Umenyiora ended up getting a two-year deal worth $8.5 million from the Atlanta Falcons. It also includes $3.5 million in incentives.
Lions notes: Eric Fisher, Ezekiel Ansah to attend 2013 NFL Draft
Lions notes looks at Eric Fisher, Ezekiel Ansah, some pro day news and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.