- The Detroit Lions sound like they're going to bring back their throwback uniforms for one game in 2013. They haven't worn the throwbacks since 2010, but the Lions may be "taking those out of the closet" in 2013, according to team president Tom Lewand. Would you rather the Lions bring back their throwbacks or wear new alternate uniforms?
- The Lions don't have any plans to add cheerleaders right now.
- The charges stemming from Lions safety Amari Spievey's arrest last month are expected to be dropped in June, as he has enrolled in a family violence education program.
- New Lions kicker Havard Rugland got a three-year deal. Here are the salary details:
Lions K Havard Rugland three-year deal, $1.485 million, $405,000, $495,000, $585,000 salaries. Split salaries No bonus or guaranteed money— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) April 12, 2013
- Defensive tackle C.J. Mosley's deal with the Lions is worth $2.75 million over two years. Here's the breakdown on his contract:
New Lions DT C.J. Mosley's two-year, $2.75 M deal: 13-$850 K (base); 14-$1.55 M (base). $350 K SB.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) April 4, 2013
- Two of Jason Hanson's field goals stand out as the most memorable for former Lions punter (and holder) Nick Harris.
- Lions running backs coach Curtis Modkins attended Notre Dame's pro day last month.
- This is a pretty interesting stat about left tackles:
Just looked @nfl starting left tackles-19 of 32 are 1strd picks. Add 3 more this yr & 22 of 32 will be 1st rd guys 69% of LT are 1st rd guys— Pat Kirwan (@PatKirwanCBS) April 3, 2013
- On that note, this is also pretty interesting:
In my 12 years of going to Senior Bowl practices, I don't recall a more dominant performance from a LT than Lane Johnson's.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) April 5, 2013
- Mike Mayock now has Eric Fisher ranked as the 2013 NFL Draft's top offensive tackle.
- The Lions aren't planning to bring in LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo for a pre-draft visit, according to Dave Birkett.
- Looking back, Jeff Backus says that his decision to retire wasn't a tough one to make.
- The Lions' preseason game against the New England Patriots this year is set for Aug. 22.
- Jim Schwartz thinks Reggie Bush could end up with 60-80 catches a season "depending on how you use him."
Calvin Johnson attended Monday's national championship game between Michigan and Louisville.
Jay Feely (@jayfeely) April 9, 2013
- Tim Twentyman has an interesting look at what takes place behind the scenes on the day of an NFL game.
- Gil Brandt is apparently not on the Jarvis Jones bandwagon.
Going to drop Jarvis Jones out of first round. Not sure he's a first-round talent. #NFLDraft.— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) April 2, 2013
- Defensive tackle Mike Patterson, who visited the Lions earlier in the offseason, signed with the New York Giants last week.
- Carson Palmer is already the starting quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals, meaning Drew Stanton is once again stuck in the backup role.
- Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha signed with the San Francisco 49ers last week.
- Cornerback Eric Wright reworked his contract to stay with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Former Lions kicker Derek Dimke has landed with the New York Jets.
Lions notes: Throwback uniforms returning this year?
Lions notes looks at throwback uniforms, Amari Spievey, draft news and much more.
By Sean Yuille