- Herman Moore is going to announce the Detroit Lions' second-round pick next Friday at the 2013 NFL Draft.
- Details have been released on the Lions' 2013 NFL Draft party, which will be held at Ford Field next Friday.
- Based on what Stephen Tulloch said on Thursday, Nick Fairley definitely has the right attitude as he prepares for the 2013 season.
More Tulloch: "I said, 'Nick, you goin to Hawaii this year?' He said, 'No, Tully, I'm going to New York." Hawaii = Pro Bowl, NY = Super Bowl— John Niyo (@JohnNiyo) April 18, 2013
- Speaking of Tulloch, it sounds like he had surgery this offseason (likely on his knee).
- According to Tulloch, this is the Lions' mantra for 2013:
- Tulloch is a fan of Ezekiel Ansah.
#Lions LB Stephen Tulloch on DE Ziggy Ansah: 'I’ll tell you the kid out of BYU is a phenomenal player, he’s raw talent, just a beast.'— Paula Pasche (@paulapasche) April 18, 2013
- Update on some jersey numbers:
A few #'s to update. David Akers #2, Havard Rugland #3, Devin Thomas #11, Ron Bartell #31. That should leave only Quin and Mosley without #s— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) April 18, 2013
- Plenty of rumors have been swirling about the top offensive tackles in this draft in the last day or so. ESPN's Adam Schefter says the top three tackles in the draft will be gone in the first seven picks or sooner, and NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah says there's "a lot of buzz" about Eric Fisher going No. 1 overall. Then again, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that the Kansas City Chiefs have "locked in" on Luke Joeckel with the top pick. Essentially, the top pick is still anyone's guess despite the draft only being a week away.
- Speaking of the Chiefs, it sounds like they might trade offensive tackle Branden Albert to the Miami Dolphins.
- Put Sports Illustrated's Don Banks on the Fisher-to-the-Chiefs bandwagon. He has Fisher going first overall in his latest mock draft, and he has Joeckel falling to the Lions at No. 5.
- SB Nation's latest 2013 NFL mock draft, which has trades, projects Fisher to be taken by the Lions at No. 5.
- Former Lions kicker Errol Mann has passed away at the age of 71.
Lions notes: Nick Fairley has eyes on Super Bowl, not Pro Bowl
Lions notes looks at Nick Fairley, Stephen Tulloch, Herman Moore and much more.
By Sean Yuille