- Mike Thomas says that he feels "more comfortable with what's going on" now that he's had time to really learn the Detroit Lions' offense.
- Calvin Johnson is NFL.com's No. 1 wide receiver.
- Matt Bowen put together a piece for ESPN Insider on how teams can try to stop Johnson.
- Pro Football Talk's Lions Mount Rushmore included Johnson, Bobby Layne, Barry Sanders and Alex Karras, according to Chris McCosky.
- Bill Bentley is having fun being back on the field after missing most of last season with an injury.
Louis Delmas has arrived for the Lions' mandatory minicamp.
Good to see safety Louis Delmas at the practice facility today. Lions mini-camp begins Tuesday.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) June 10, 2013
- The Lions used 12 personnel (two tight ends) on 42 percent of their offensive plays last year, according to Aaron Schatz.
- Several Lions players showed up to Ndamukong Suh's youth football camp over the weekend.
- Tim Tebow has signed with the New England Patriots. The Lions' preseason game on Aug. 22 against the Patriots should be awfully interesting given this news.
- Speaking of interesting preseason games, the Lions will welcome the New York Jets to Ford Field on Aug. 9. That should also be filled with storylines considering Mark Sanchez could very well still be the Jets' starting quarterback.
- The Chicago Bears traded offensive lineman Gabe Carimi to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday.
- In other Bears news, they released fullback Evan Rodriguez on Monday.
Lions notes: Mike Thomas, Calvin Johnson, more
Lions notes looks at Mike Thomas, Calvin Johnson and much more.
By Sean Yuille