The Detroit Lions continued their three-day mandatory minicamp with a morning practice on Wednesday. Below is a recap of various tidbits from the practice.
- The Lions had Larry Warford and Rodney Austin taking first-team reps at offensive guard on Wednesday, according to Dave Birkett. Dylan Gandy, who was the first-team right guard on Tuesday, was working as the second-team center on Day 2 of the minicamp.
- The first-team right tackle on Wednesday was Jason Fox, according to Chris McCosky.
- McCosky reports that the Lions have "shut down" Bill Nagy for the minicamp. He still hasn't completely recovered from the ankle surgery he had last summer, and he has apparently been limping quite "badly," according to McCosky.
- At defensive end, the Lions rotated first-team reps between Ziggy Ansah and Willie Young, per McCosky.
- One more note from McCosky: Travis Lewis was the first-team outside linebacker on Wednesday.
- According to MLive's Justin Rogers, Bill Bentley has been standing out in practice. The Lions' official Twitter account posted a great shot of Bentley on Wednesday:
- Rogers reports that Kellen Moore appears to have "improved his arm strength this offseason." On Wednesday, Moore connected with Kris Durham on a "beautifully thrown" 45-yard pass.
- Sam Martin seems to be doing quite well at punter for the Lions, according to Rogers.
- Scott Linehan has been impressed with the job Riley Reiff has done this offseason at left tackle.
- A lot of people are impressed with Glover Quin, especially Gunther Cunningham.
#Lions DC Gunther Cunningham on S Glover Quin: 'I don't know about the defense, but he’s doing a lot for me. He is something.'— Paula Pasche (@paulapasche) June 12, 2013
- Cunningham has also been very impressed with Darius Slay.
- Jason Hanson visited practice on Wednesday.