- According to Tim Twentyman, Detroit Lions offensive tackle Jason Fox, who was listed as weighing 303 pounds last season, is up to 318 pounds. This goes along with fellow offensive linemen Riley Reiff and Dominic Raiola both bulking up this offseason. Like Reiff and Raiola, Fox could be a starter this year, and Twentyman thinks Fox will be "hard to beat out" for the starting right tackle job if he stays healthy.
- Although he's not experienced, Lions cornerback Bill Bentley is considered a "playmaker" by Jim Schwartz.
- The Lions' official site has debuted a video series called "Life of Broyles," which focuses on the life of wide receiver Ryan Broyles and his wife.
- Also on the Lions' official site are video interviews with running back Joique Bell and defensive end Jason Jones.
- Former Minnesota Vikings and current Oakland Raiders punter Chris Kluwe thinks Jason Hanson is among several specialists who deserve consideration for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Mocking The Draft has posted a preseason scouting report on Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan, who is expected to be a first-round pick in 2014.
Lions notes: Does Jason Fox have the edge at RT?
Lions notes looks at Jason Fox, Bill Bentley, Ryan Broyles and much more.
By Sean Yuille