- As noted by Tim Twentyman, the Detroit Lions have gotten quite young on defense. Cornerback Ron Bartell is the only defender older than 29, and when you average the age of the 11 projected starters on defense, it comes out to 25.8. That's a full year less than the average age of the 11 starters on defense at the start of last season.
- Dave Birkett has a great story on Joique Bell and what he is doing to support his sister, who was diagnosed with kidney failure more than six years ago.
- Chris McCosky has the latest on this year's Nate Burleson-Stephen Tulloch charity softball game, which will be held on Saturday in Dearborn.
- The recent tornadoes in Oklahoma have affected many people close to the fiancée of Brandon Pettigrew, who went to Oklahoma State.
- Rotoworld's Evan Silva recently ranked the top 10 free agents currently available. Defensive end John Abraham leads the way at No. 1 on the list.
- Former Lions wide receiver Mike Williams was released by the CFL's Toronto Argonauts just one week after joining the team.
Lions notes looks at Joique Bell, Nate Burleson, Stephen Tulloch and much more.