- ESPN's Kevin Seifert thinks the Detroit Lions should be considered a playoff contender, and he wouldn't be surprised if they end up finishing 10-6 or 9-7. That's not to say that he's expecting them to repeat 2011 and actually make the playoffs, but his point is that he thinks they have the potential to get back to the postseason in 2013.
Given that the Lions went 4-12 last season, I'm sure many would disagree with Seifert's assessment. However, based on the improvements they made in the offseason, I don't think a return to the playoffs is out of the question by any means.
- What made Glover Quin strive to become a professional football player? It turns out that a job he had at Burger King in high school made him realize that he had to "try to better" himself.
- Ndamukong Suh worked with some of the top high school football players in the nation at "The Opening" on Monday.
- The second episode of "Life of Broyles" is up on the Lions' official site.
- The Lions are glad that Nate Burleson is already almost 100 percent healthy.
- Pro Football Focus has an interesting look at a new stat for red zone targets.
- Reggie Bush did a backflip off a yacht over the weekend. It's safe to say he's having a fun pre-training camp vacation.
- NFL.com took a look at the top 10 storylines to watch from now until the start of the regular season. Which non-Lions storyline are you most interested in following over the course of the next two months?
Lions notes: Should Detroit be considered a playoff contender?
Lions notes looks at if the team should be considered a playoff contender, Glover Quin, Ndamukong Suh and much more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.