As revealed on Tuesday, wide receiver Calvin Johnson is the No. 1 Detroit Lions player of 2013, according to readers of this site. 1,051 ballots were submitted for our Top 10 Lions of 2013 series, and Johnson ran away with the No. 1 spot for the second year in a row.
Now that the entire top 10 has been unveiled, you can take a look at the points breakdown for it below. (The number of first-place votes each player received, if any, is listed in parentheses.)
|Top 10 Lions of 2013|
|1.||WR Calvin Johnson (659)||9,796 points|
|2.||QB Matthew Stafford (343)||9,378 points|
|3.||DT Ndamukong Suh (11)||6,863 points|
|4.||RB Reggie Bush (8)||6,442 points|
|5.||DT Nick Fairley (2)||4,237 points|
|6.||S Glover Quin||2,535 points|
|7.||CB Chris Houston (1)||2,248 points|
|8.||OT Riley Reiff (5)||2,139 points|
|9.||LB Stephen Tulloch||2,100 points|
|10.||WR Ryan Broyles||1,949 points|
Some notes about the top 10:
- Seven of the players in the top 10 received at least one first-place vote.
- All but 49 of the first-place votes went to either Calvin Johnson or Matthew Stafford.
- Not one single player was included on all 1,051 ballots. Stafford came the closest by appearing on all but four of the ballots.
- Reggie Bush and Glover Quin were the only players new to the Lions who made the top 10 this year.
- An equal number of offensive and defensive players made the top 10 (five each).
In the coming days, we'll take a look at all of the players who received votes by examining the top 10 and beyond.