With 1,051 ballots being cast this year, a total of 76 players received at least one vote in our series on the top 10 Detroit Lions of 2013. Below is a recap of all 76 players who got points, where they finished in the overall rankings and who received first-place votes. Check it out:
|Top 10 Lions of 2013 and beyond|
|1.||WR Calvin Johnson (659)||9,796 points||39.
||RB Steven Miller (1)
|2.||QB Matthew Stafford (343)||9,378 points||t-40.
||DT C.J. Mosley
|3.||DT Ndamukong Suh (11)||6,863 points||t-40.||WR Kris Durham
|4.||RB Reggie Bush (8)||6,442 points||42.
||WR Devin Thomas
|5.||DT Nick Fairley (2)||4,237 points||t-43.
||LB Tahir Whitehead
|6.||S Glover Quin||2,535 points||t-43.||QB Thaddeus Lewis
|7.||CB Chris Houston (1)||2,248 points||t-45.||CB Jonte Green
|8.||OT Riley Reiff (5)||2,139 points||t-45.||OT Corey Hilliard
|9.||LB Stephen Tulloch||2,100 points||47.
||LB Travis Lewis
|10.||WR Ryan Broyles||1,949 points||t-48.||WR Corey Fuller
||DE Ziggy Ansah (3)
||1,894 points||t-48.||OG Bill Nagy
||TE Brandon Pettigrew
||S Tyrell Johnson
||S Louis Delmas (2)
||1,027 points||t-51.||S Chris Hope (1)
||WR Nate Burleson
||864 points||t-51.||TE Michael Williams
||CB Darius Slay
||689 points||t-51.||WR Mike Thomas
||RB Joique Bell (2)
||S Amari Spievey
||RB Mikel Leshoure
||380 points||t-54.||S Ricardo Silva
||OG Larry Warford
||P Blake Clingan
||DE Israel Idonije
||WR Micheal Spurlock
||OG Rob Sims
||364 points||t-57.||DE Devin Taylor
||TE Tony Scheffler (2)
||207 points||t-57.||OG Rodney Austin
||C Dominic Raiola
||S John Wendling
||K Havard Rugland (4)
||188 points||t-60.||DT Jimmy Saddler-McQueen (1)
||LS Don Muhlbach (4)
||DE Ronnell Lewis
||DE Jason Jones
||127 points||t-62.||LB Carmen Messina
||OT Jason Fox
||115 points||t-62.||LB Cory Greenwood
||LB DeAndre Levy
||RB Montell Owens
||CB Bill Bentley
||TE Matt Veldman||6 points|
||P Sam Martin
||S Don Carey||5 points|
||WR Patrick Edwards
||83 points||t-67.||FB Shaun Chapas||5 points|
||QB Shaun Hill
||80 points||t-67.||C Leroy Harris||5 points|
||CB Chris Greenwood (1)
||74 points||t-67.||S Martavius Neloms||5 points|
||K David Akers
||DE Spencer Nealy||4 points|
||QB Kellen Moore
||66 points||t-72.||LB Brandon Hepburn||3 points|
||DE Willie Young
||63 points||t-72.||DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo||3 points|
||RB Jahvid Best (1)
||60 points||t-72.||LB Alex Elkins||3 points|
||LB Ashlee Palmer
||39 points||t-72.||WR Terrence Austin||3 points|
||TE Joseph Fauria
||35 points||76.||RB Theo Riddick||2 points|
(Note: You can see last year's recap of the Top 10 Lions and beyond here.)
You probably noticed some very, well, interesting votes, such as Jimmy Saddler-McQueen receiving a first-place vote. Originally I was going to toss out the ballots that were just blatantly trolling, but with 1,051 total, it would have taken too long to go through and search each one. What's more, Google's system didn't update the summary after certain ballots were tossed out, so I simply let them all stand. I figured that with so many votes being submitted, one or two bad ballots weren't going to drastically affect the results.
Moving on, here are some notes about the full list of players who received at least one vote:
- DE Ziggy Ansah, S Louis Delmas, RB Joique Bell, TE Tony Scheffler, K Havard Rugland, LS Don Muhlbach, CB Chris Greenwood, RB Jahvid Best, RB Steven Miller, S Chris Hope and DT Jimmy Saddler-McQueen all received at least one first-place vote despite finishing outside of the top 10.
- Of the 76 players who received at least one vote, 36 are on offense, 35 are on defense and five are special teamers.
- All nine of the Lions' 2013 draft picks received at least one vote. DE Ziggy Ansah had the most points (1,894) and came in 11th on the list. RB Theo Riddick had the fewest points of the draft picks (2) and came in 76th.
- Five of this year's undrafted free agents received at least one vote: TE Joseph Fauria, RB Steven Miller, S Martavius Neloms, DE Spencer Nealy and LB Alex Elkins.
- Special teamers got a love of love this year. K Havard Rugland and LS Don Muhlbach came in 23rd and 24th, and each player got four first-place votes. P Sam Martin was just a bit farther down the list at 29th, and K David Akers was right behind him at 33rd. Even P Blake Clingan got 12 points and came in 56th.
- 14 players did not receive any votes this year: WR Cody Wilson, WR Matt Willis, OT Austin Holtz, OT LaAdrian Waddle, OG Dylan Gandy, OG Jake Scott, OG Derek Hardman, OG Darren Keyton, DE Braylon Broughton, LB Jon Morgan, CB Ron Bartell, CB Ross Weaver, CB D.J. Johnson and CB DeQuan Menzie.
Thanks again to everybody who submitted a ballot and helped make this series possible.